Medical Microbiology is one of the most diverse applications of medical science of twenty first century. From genetics to stem cells, infection control to antibiotics everywhere microbiology makes a vital step. With the view of these modern techniques, the department of Microbiology is teaching the students of USBMC since the year two thousand two. The department is responsible for teaching the 3rd and 4th years MBBS students for various aspects of Microbiology.
b) General bacteriology
c) Systemic bacteriology
d) Clinical microbiology
MLab facilities: Two labs. One is in college and another one is in hospital.
- a) College laboratory: It is used for teaching students. Staining, microscopy and various biochemical and immu¬nological tests are shown to the students. One laboratory technician is engaged to guide the students.
- b) Hospital laboratory: It is used for reporting.
- Teaching type: 3rd and 4th year MBBS students are taught lectures by Professors and tutorials and practicals are taken by lecturers.
In July and January of each year, the department is used to take two professional examinations.
- Seminars: Department is used to conduct at least two seminars in a year presenting topics like urine c/s and blood c/s status of USBMC
4. Infection Control Program: The department is successfully running infection control program of the hospital with a full time infection control nurse
Meet Doctors & Faculty
|1||Dr. Ummey Shahnaz Parvin||Professor||MBBS, MPhil|
|2||Dr. Ruksana Raihan||Associate Professor||MBBS, MPhil|
|3||Dr. Nusrat Mannan||Assistant Professor||MBBS, MD|
|4||Dr. Afrunnessa Muna||Lecturer||MBBS|
|5||Dr. Tamkin Hasan||Lecturer||MBBS|
|6||Dr. Maria Binte Habib||Lecturer||MBBS|
|7||Dr. Md. Shamim Reza||Lecturer||MBBS|