INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE STUDENT
- All students are to attend classes in clean well-dressed white Apron.
- All students are to carry their “Identity Cards” when in the college.
- Rings, and bangles are discouraged as they cause impediments to practical work.
- Fashionable dresses, untidy hair, and slippers are discouraged on the college campus.
- The environment is to be kept clean. Students should throw litter in to waste paper basket.
- Pasting of posters on the walls of the college and the hospital buildings and or hanging of posters in the college and in the hospital premises are prohibited unless permitted by authority. These are considered acts of indiscipline and offenders are liable to punishment.
- Smoking is forbidden on the college campus.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, and shouting on the college and hospital premises are prohibited and students involved are liable to be expelled from the college.
- Students will state their problems/ grievances/ inconveniences to their Supervisor Teachers. The Supervisor will solve the problems of the students himself/herself or refer them to the Principal. Statement of the problems /grievances/inconveniences by the students must be in an orderly and disciplined manner. Any act of indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive words or objectionable words and sentences will make the student liable to be punished by expulsion from the College.
- Students must not misbehave with the staff or employees of the college or the hospital. Acts of misbehavior are also acts of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
- The Students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic activities. Smoking or any sort of addiction is strictly prohibited in campus.
- At the time of admission into the college, the students and parents/guardians will have to sign a bond that their children/wards will abide by the rules and regulations of the college.
- Every student shall arrange their own Textbooks, dissecting instruments, medical equipment, etc. The college will not supply these to the students.
- In case of illness or other unavoidable reasons for non-attendance, a written statement from the parent/guardian is to be presented to the teachers concerned, who in turn will submit it to the Principal for approval. In any case, such an absence will not give the student any concession to attain the required percentage of attendance.
- The cost of loss, and damage to college/hospital property is to be realized by the student found responsible for the loss, and damage.
- Political activities are not permitted in the college from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm daily except for holidays.
- Students are allowed to use the Library. Books will be issued to the students for reading in the Library. The home issue is only permitted to the students having Library Card.
- Students should have a minimum of 75% attendance to qualify to sit for assessment examinations.
- All students must fulfill the criteria laid down by the University of Dhaka and BM&DC and clear all their dues before being permitted to sit for professional examinations.
- All students who have passed MBBS are to undergo one-year logbook-based rotatory Internship Training as per the rules and regulations of BM&DC (Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council).
CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. Non-adherence to these rules and regulations will make the students liable for disciplinary action. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student (according to the nature of the offense committed).
- Fines (Amount to be decided by the authorities).
- Expulsion from the college (temporarily or permanent) depending on the gravity of the offense committed. Penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/testimonial. A student’s name may be struck off from the College Register under the following circumstances:
- Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information.
- On disciplinary ground on the advice of the Academic Council.
- On non-payment of the College dues within three months of date of payment.
Sports and extra-curricular activities are also extended to the students to create balance and harmony between mind and body. The following activities take precedence with the students.
- Cultural Activities
- Computer club with internet connection
- Humanitarian services such as free blood donation and free medicine supply for poor patients, relief works during natural calamities such as cyclones, floods, epidemics etc.
US-Bangla Medical College library is spacious, well furnished with comfortable sitting arrangement, located in the academic building. It has a good collection of medical textbooks, reference, monographs, national & international journals in various subjects which can provide up to date information to the students and teachers. The library is also equipped with computers. It has user-friendly access system, the library is provided with separate reading area for students as well as teachers. It has access to all medical related websites and also Wifi coverage.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Students are allowed to use the library. Books will be issued to the students for reading in the library. Home issue is only permitted to the students having Library Card. The library rules and regulations framed by the authority are to be adhered to by the students. It remains open from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm in all working days.